A New Perspective On The Holidays This Year: pt. 2 of 3


Christmas morning was equally nostalgic. 
The day started out early with stockings hung the night before in excitement and anticipation. Piling in the family minivan for Christmas breakfast at the Smith’s house. 
The Christmas tree was filled with ornaments, each with its own special sentimental meaning: some handmade and passed down from generations past, some from faraway places. 

Amidst the brightly packaged presents was a more modestly dressed gift.
 Sometimes the most humble of boxes are the ones which hold the greatest value. 
Grandma always had a gift for Jesus. 

These are the memories I hold most dear to my heart. 
This is the warmth, that no matter how cold it might be outside or how lonely I might feel, that will sustain the love I have for this time of year and the people I share it with. 

Comments

Popular Posts