Pumpkin Curry!

So, I went to Greenspot Farms in Mentone, California last week and was trying to figure out what to do with my pumpkin. I’m not a huge fan of Jack-O-Lanterns, so I thought of cooking it. But what would I make?
There’s the very traditional pumpkin pie or pumpkin cake; but being a high 4 on the Enneagram, I like being different. I ended up doing my own slightly tweaked version of yellow curry. Instead of chicken I used chickpeas and added pumpkin instead of potato.
First, I chopped and peeled the pumpkin(don’t peel your finger like I did).

Next, I sautéed one sweet onion with two cloves of garlic, three carrots chopped and three ribs of celery in EVOO. About thirty minutes later, I added my seasonings(liberal curry powder, tandoori chicken seasoning, tumeric, and crushed red pepper). Once everything got fragrant, I added a tablespoon of chicken base, and two cups of water and let it simmer on medium heat for another 15-30 minutes.
The final touch! One can of coconut cream to make this situation totally delicious!
And that’s all I wrote!

Comments

Popular Posts