It’s Okay...

   Today started off a bit rocky. First, I couldn’t get my queasy stomach to calm, then I nearly sprinted  to the bus stop as said bus is rolling up to a stoplight less than a block away...like a 100 feet away...I made it...by the skin of my very anxious and agitated teeth!

As I gathered my nerves after boarding my bus to work, i plugged in my music and the song, “Let the Light In” by Housefires started to play...
As I watched the sunrise, the words, “Slow your busy mind and learn, to learn to trust again...” 

Trust is hard...
I don’t always trust myself let alone others...
Building trust with others is utterly frightening...
I like being in control.



Maybe it’s okay to be afraid...
Maybe it’s okay to be afraid yet trust others...
Maybe it’s okay to be afraid and yet choose each day to see the best without automatically expecting the worst case scenario.

It’s okay to choose to the sunshine over clouds...

I spent far too long mentally preparing myself  for the rain and the thunder  instead of looking for the rainbows and sunshine.

Comments

Popular Posts