Love Is An Open Door


No, I’m not Quoting Frozen!!!

A few years ago, in the midst of rejection, a monumental piece of advice was gifted to me.

 In the trenches of my depression and pity party my beloved older brother,  Aaron  told me, 

“ always keep your heart open. Never close your heart just because you’re hurt.”

Oftentimes, I’ve found that my worst choices in relationships were based on raw emotions following something traumatic. 

Permanent and long-term choices cannot be made when something as fickle as emotion is the primary guiding force.

Let things settle. Calm down. Breathe deeply. It’s gonna be okay.

For years I’d done just this. I hit a wall and couldn’t understand how to get past it…until I realized I’d made a permanent and long-term decision based on the raw emotions following one event during one brief season of my life.  

Slowly my wall began to crumble and healing began, and with it a life was breathed into me I’d missed feeling for a very long time.

Now do you understand my title?!



Comments

Popular Posts