The Returns Department



     Ever get an item at a store only to take it home and discover it’s not what you wanted? Your expectations are dashed and you feel slighted. How could *insert store name* do this to me!
   
   I thought I wanted this SoCal winter weather but I would like to take it back to the Returns Department. My complaint? Perhaps it’s the dreadful combination of early morning grumbling and lack of caffeine. Perhaps I should have refrained from pressing the snooze button one more time…for what…5 minutes of sleep? Now I’m more tired than I was had I just sighed and woken up the first time. After postponing the inevitable, the warmth of my warm blankets and comforter are abruptly stopped by a wall of bone-chilling cold air. As I fumble for a light in the dark, I contemplate very briefly whether I’m cut out to do a job that  requires me to be cognitive and alert at such an ungodly hour.

Whatever the reason, I’ve made the decision that I’m very much done with Southern California winter. I’m done feeling a kinship with a bag of frozen vegetables. I’m done with cold feet and hands and having to wear socks all the time. I miss my Rainbow flip flops. I think they miss me too. They long to be worn on sun-kissed feet.

So, here I am in the Returns Department and I can’t get my darn money back for this cold weather! I sigh long and hard.

Anybody else ready for Spring to come?

Comments

Popular Posts