Sierra Lakes!


Yesterday there was a crazy rainstorm that left me wondering if I should take swimming lessons...

A little intro: San Bernardino is a decent-sized city located in San Bernardino County. For those who aren’t SoCal  locals, San Bernardino County stretches out to the border of Arizona. It’s the largest county in the US based on area.

One particular street, during heavy rainstorms, notoriously floods. It’s called Sierra Way. It should be called Sierra Lakes. As if California drivers weren’t  bad enough, let’s add a little rain into the mix, shall we?! I finally experienced the fury that is Sierra Lakes. I contemplated  purchasing a kayak. I have an intense fear of kayaking. Did it once. The kayak sprang a leak. I’m good now. The end.

There’s a reason San Bernardino locals warn of avoiding Sierra Lakes during rain season. It’s legit like a rushing torrent of water.

After drenching my all-weather BearPaws because I crossed the street in the rain in a foot of water, I’ve learned my lesson. Sierra Lakes not Sierra Way, folks! I’ll bring my water shoes next time and a life jacket!

Comments

Popular Posts