A Summary of 2019 in Poetry

2019, you’ve set out to be a productive year so far. I’m excited to see where you take me.

I thought I’d share a summary of the first two months of this month as February comes to a close.

” Hineni”

Jehovah Jireh,” the LORD will provide “
But why all this waiting?
It’s killing me inside.

Restless nights tossing in bed
All I want is  some peace
From these doubts in my head.

Abba Father, I know that it’s you
But I’m starting to wonder
If your promise is true.

Like a barren desert in a far off land
This place that I’m in
was not quite what I planned.

Must I wait a hundred years like Abraham?
Or must I battle a giant like David?
Must I wander in the wilderness for 40 years like the Israelites?
Or face a fiery furnace like Daniel?

Then suddenly all is quiet and calm
I hear in the  stillness
A voice that soothes every qualm.

“Hineni, here I am.”
Like little Samual in the night
“LORD, use me as your vessel
Despite my need to flight.”

Teach me, LORD to hide
Beneath the shelter of your wings
And show  me not  to tremble
With the fear and uncertainty that this life brings.

Hineni means surrender
To God’s all sovereign will
It means that I am ready
To listen and be still.

So, here I am.





“The Gift of Mercy”

Gift of mercy take my hand
And lead my life as you have planned.
Outside of  walls of cold stone built
At last I leave my shame and guilt.
For inside walls a heart can’t grow
Where  comfort zones are all to show.
Torn down walls watch now they fall
At  last this gift to Him my all.
Nurture love that has no fence
That shall  be my one defense.


Matthew 6:25-34

Neither tiny sparrow nor falling leaf
Can flee from the Father’s sight.
Neither warmth of sun nor cover of night
Can hide God’s all-knowing might.

Watch as the flowers
They toil and spin
In splendor, the LORD adorns them
Their beauty surpassing that of the great King Solomon.

The birds of the air need not fear
For God, their Creator is near.

Seek first His kingdom
And righteousness too
And you’ll find that His presence
Is constant, steady and true.






Comments

Popular Posts