A Summary of 2019 in Poetry cont.

“If Only”

If only I knew, if only I’d  known
If only I knew, but now you’re gone.

So many things I wish I  could say
Words not yet spoken
All thrown away.

If only I knew, if only I’d known
If only I knew, but now you’re gone.

Falling asleep to your voice in my dreams
Only to awake to nothing
But cold, silent screams.

If only I knew, if only I’d known
If only I knew, but now you’re gone.

No more soft kisses
Or tender embraces,
No more warm touches
Or loving caresses.

If I only I knew, if only I’d known
If only I knew, but  now you’re gone.


Write with Fire

Do what sets every fiber of your being on fire. 
Write the poem that smolders within your soul. 
Sing at the top of your lungs to the song that simmers to overflowing in your heart. 
Write the story you’ve been too afraid to tell. 
Paint the picture that puts the life back into your veins. 

I want to play with the fire that burns under my feet. 
I’ll fan the flames of my greatest passion and pursue it fearlessly.
 I choose to write with fire. 
Every word glows.
 A brilliance that can’t be snuffed out.
A poetic beauty that can’t be silenced or stifled. 
                 Watch me.

Comments

Popular Posts